Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 6

Dragonfly Farms changed the deliver times. The new time is from 9:00 to 9:15. Which worked fine for me.

On Saturday I arrived at Harris Teeter a little after nine. Brett was waiting in the truck. When he gave me my crate he asked "would you like red flowers or purple". I said purple of course. And they are a rich deep purple. I don't know what kind of flowers they are but they are couple with white lilies. The combination is gorgeous.



Here is what we got this week:
1 bouquet of flowers
12 eggs
1 loaf of rye bread
1 small bunch of kale
1 head of boston lettuce
12 radishes
1 small head of broccoli
1 med-large onion
1 patty pan squash
3 shallots
1 bunch of scallions
3 tomatoes
1/2 pint of blueberries
1/2 sour cherries
1/2 sweet cherries
1 bag of green beans
1 cucumber

I know what you are all thinking....what is a patty pan? Well here it is:


Our menu for this week is:
Pork au Poivre with collard greens and salad
Spaghetti with braised kale and green beans
Quiche with broccoli, shallot and goat cheese with salad
Pizza with cucumber, radish and mango salad
Fried Egg Sandwiches with oven roasted patty pan with shallots and herbs

Blueberry pancakes for breakfast

Cherry pie for desert

Sounds really yummy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment