Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week 5

Sorry for the delay in this post. I would like to post the weekly share inventory list during the weekend. I will try harder in the future.

I was early this week, and Brett was there waiting for me. I returned last week's crate grabbed this week's crate and was on my way.

What we got this week:
1 bouquet of persimmon lilies
12 eggs
1 loaf of sourdough wheat bread
1 lb of honey
1 lb freshly ground Zeke's coffee
1/2 lb sage sausage
1 large bunch of collard greens
1 head of escarole
1 pint of snow peas
2 pints of strawberries
1 bag of spinach
3 small yellow onions
3 shallots
1 elephant garlic bulb
5 tomatoes
8 radishes
1 bunch of scallions

Menu for this week:
Spinach Grilled Cheese with White Bean Escarole Soup (Spinach, Escarole, carrot, onion, garlic and sausage)
Collard Green Risotto with tomato soup and a small salad (collards, tomato, onion, and garlic)
Fish (not sure what kind yet) Lemon-Butter Snow Peas, Rice and salad (garlic, scallions, snow peas, lettuce and spinach)
California Steakhouse Burger with sweet potatoes and radish salad (onion, and radish)
Kale and Spinach Pesto with salad (garlic scapes, kale, spinach, lettuce, carrots, and scallions)

and maybe Kale Tacos (kale...hopefully all of it)

I normal make/cook 4-5 meals a week. Only 4-5 because...I don't want to cook everyday. But at the rate in which we are getting our fresh and pesticide free produce I might have to make/cook dinner everyday. To help use the produce and not make/cook everyday, I decided I need to pick a day and make/cook some meals in advance.

So on Sunday I made the tomato soup and the pesto. Hopefully that will help.

Wish me luck this week, I am shooting for an "A" for my Weekly Roundup!

No comments:

Post a Comment