Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 3

This pickup went the same as last week. I arrived at 9:21, Brett was already there. I grabbed my share and was on my way.

Here is what we got:


1 bouquet of flowers
12 eggs
1 loaf of bread
1 pint of strawberries
1 pint of snow peas
1 head of red lettuce
1 large bunch of kale
1 large bunch of spinach
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 bunch of scallions
1 bunch of swiss chard -- Special Item
5 radishes
1 bunch of dill
2 vine ripe tomatoes
10 carrots

Since we didn't get any spinach last week, they gave us a special item this week--swiss chard. It is hard to tell what is in the pic above but the swiss chard is to the right of the eggs.

Our menu this week:
Rigatoni with Swiss Chard and salad
Spinach & Kale Turnovers with Tomato Soup
Omelets with sausage (from week one) with kale chips
Sloppy Joes with Snow Pea, Radish, and Carrot Salad

I have no idea what to do with the dill. I am not a huge fan and I couldn't find anything to make with it that sparked by interest. Any ideas?

I am really excited about the Swiss Chard and carrots! I will let you know how it goes in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment