Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week Two (Rhubarb!!)

I picked up our week's share yesterday. And it went much better than last week. I arrived at Harris Teeter as 9:21 and Brett (the driver) was just unloading the truck. I grabbed my crate and was home by 9:30.

Here is what we got:
1 small bouquet of flowers (with a gorgeous pink lily)
1 bag of loose Dragonfly Herb Tea
1 lb of local Maryland Honey
a dozen eggs
1 loaf of sliced Asiago Cheese bread
2 heads of Boston Lettuce
1 bunch of loose kale
1 bunch of curly parsley
1 bunch of radishes
1 bunch of asparagus
1 lb of rhubarb (yea!)
1 pint of strawberries
1 bunch of watercress
1 bunch of scallions
3 vine ripe tomatoes
1 frozen chicken

We were suppose to get spinach this week again. But it was not in my crate. I emailed the farmers and they will make sure I get something special next week. I guess it will be a surprise item. That should be fun.

So with our bounty we are going to make this week:

Lemony/Garlic Kale Pasta with Salad (kale, lettuce, tomato, and scallions)
Open-Faced Egg, Bacon & Watercress with corn on the cob (Eggs, bread and watercress)
Asparagus Risotto with garlic bread (asparagus, parsley and bread)
Roasted Chicken with roasted veggies (chicken, radishes and parsley)

The item I am really excited about is Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie. I have ALWAYS wanted to make it but the grocery store rhubarb never looked good. And this is my chance. I have already make the crust dough and I will make the pie tomorrow.

So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment