Friday, May 25, 2012

End of Week CSA Round Up

In addition to my CSA share announcement post, I thought I could write a weekly round up. In this post I would tell you how I did with using all of our goodies.

As of this evening, we used all of the:
Strawberries
Spinach (we still have frozen pesto)
Kale
Tomatoes
Cilantro (I gave half to my sister)
Baby bok choy
Asparagus

We still have: 
Lettuce (even through I gave half to my sister)
Half of the scallions
All of the radishes
6 eggs
1/2 of the sausage (we froze it so it should keep for awhile)

My plans are to make egg salad tonight for lunches this weekend. That should take care of the eggs and scallions and maybe some of the lettuce. I hope to roast the radishes and the store bought baby carrots tonight.

Then I would have used/ate or gave away everything we got except the bread, which got moldy around Wednesday and we had to throw it away. (Not counting the coffee, vinegar, flowers or sausage)

Lessons Learned:
Put bread into the fridge by Sunday or Monday
Wrap lettuce and leafy produce in a moist paper towel and put in a plastic bag
Change the glass of water for the flowers and the herbs every couple of days
Cut the strawberries immediately

Grade: B 

It think I did pretty well for my first week. I only had to throw away the bread.

Bring on week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment