Dragonfly Farms from Mt. Airy, MD will be delivering our premium share to our local Harris Teeter every Saturday morning.
I will meet the driver, Brett at 0920 to receive my premium share.
You might be asked, what is a premium share?
Our shares will not just include seasonal fruits and vegetables grown locally. It will also include:
- 1 dozen large brown eggs from free range hens (weekly)
- Loaf of fresh artisanal bread (weekly)
- Fresh cut flowers (weekly)
- One pound freshly made sausage (monthly)
- One pound fresh made cheese (monthly)
- One pound local Maryland honey (monthly)
- One pound fresh roasted, free trade gourmet coffee (monthly)
- Dragonfly's herbal health tea (monthly)
- One bottle Dragonfly's Wine Vinager (one in the spring and one in the fall)
- Local fresh chickens (one for 4th of July and one for Labor Day)
- 12+ pounds Amish-raised turkey legs for Memorial Day
- One Amish Turkey for Thanksgiving
Look at this:
I will have to get creative on how to use all this food....
I am going to blog about it! I know, I know exciting stuff. But I have a motivation problem with this blog so what better than having a CSA to motivate you.
So either on Saturday or Sunday every week I will post the weekly inventory of our share. Then throughout the week I will update you on how we used this week's bounty!
Stay tuned for CSA posts and the Food Rating System!