Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Day Dinner


When I was younger, my mom would always make black-eyed peas and rice for dinner on New Year’s Day. My sister, brother and I would hate it. The black-eyed peas would be mushy and bland and I was never a fan of rice. But our mom would say you have to eat it, the rice symbolizes dollars and the peas are coins. And the amount you eat will be the amount you will earn that year.

As a child and teenager, I didn’t care about that. But as an adult money does matter. But I never made black-eyed peas and rice for New Year’s…until this year.

I didn’t want the same bland black-eyed peas I had when I was younger. I wanted an updated version. 

So I made Rosemary Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Hoppin’ John Salad.

I have made pork several times and every time I didn’t like it. But I had never made pork tenderloin before. So as people say a new year is for trying new things…

Everything was fantastic. It was a great way to start the New Year. Dave liked it too.

Recipe Details:

Hopping John Salad by Katie Lee Joel in Comfort Table
Rosemary Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Cooking Light in Everyday Dinners 

No comments:

Post a Comment