Friday, January 6, 2012

The Bachelor/The Bachelorette


I didn’t watch the first installment. I am not sure when it happened, but I do know that they have me. I tried to stop, but I didn’t last long. So they have me until they decide to end it and I don’t think it will be anytime soon.

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette have been a winter and summer staple in my life. I can’t help myself. They have a great system to get me hooked for every installment. One of the finalists from the previous installment is the next Bachelor or Bachelorette.

This installment of The Bachelor is Ben. Ben was the finalist from The Ashley installment of The Bachelorette, she said no to his proposal. And Ashley is from the Brad installment of The Bachelor. And so on and so on.

I have heard many people say the producers pick who the winners will be. I don’t believe that is true.  I think the Bachelor and the Bachelorette pick who they want. And the producers cater to the Bachelor and Bachelorette with whatever they need. But I am not totally naïve to believe the show is a total and complete reality. I like to say shows like this are scripted not fake. Just like Professional Wresting. (And you can’t change my mind about the wresting, don’t even try).

Do I watch to see the women fight and bitch at each other for the man of the season?

Do I watch to see 25 hot guys shirtless and competing against each other?

Do I watch to see people make fools of themselves on national television?

No to all of the above.

I watch because I want to see the Bachelor and Bachelorette fall in love. Yes I know that is corny and they hardly ever stay together. But I am a closeted hopeless romantic. I want to see them fall in love and then when the show ends I dream and wish them the ever after…

No comments:

Post a Comment