Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 15

I was prepared this week just like last week. I had my coffee and the paper. And a magazine. Brett arrived around 9:20.

It was a quick exchange. And here is what was in this week's crate:

1 loaf of bread
12 eggs
1 bouquet of flowers
1 large bunch of kale
5 ears of corn
1 lb of green beans
3 eggplants
5 green peppers
10 peaches
5 nectarines
2 zucchini
1 summer squash
9 tomatoes
1 Anaheim Pepper
3 banana peppers
11 Habanero Peppers
1 lb of maple sausage

A few are a few of my thoughts about this week's items.

1. There is such a thing as "Too much kale"
2. There also is such a thing as "Too much eggplant"
3. What the hell am I going to do with 11 Habanero Peppers?
4. Ten peaches and 5 nectarines is a lot of fruit if you are not going to bake a pie

I decided not to dwell to much on the above and focus on what I can make for dinner that we will enjoy.

Here is the menu:

Quinoa Vegetable Shrimp Stir-fry
French Toast with Maple Sausage
Ravioli with home-made tomato sauce with Spicy Parmesan Green Beans and Kale
Grilled Peaches over Arugula with Prosciutto
Squash and Corn Soup with Wheat Rolls

As you can see from the menu above it does not include Habaneros or eggplant. I will give away the Habaneros and think of something for the eggplant.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment