Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 14

This week I was prepared when I went to pick up my share. I stopped by Starbucks to grab a coffee, a croissant and the paper. I arrived at Harris Teeter a little earlier than normal and set up. It was a cool morning so I rolled down the windows and turned off the car. I sipped my coffee, nibbled the croissant and read about TLC's reality programs.

Around 9:10 Brett called and said he was in McLean and would be about a half an hour. This is what I expected, hence all this supplies.

After I got home I unloaded the bounty...

1 bouquet of sunflowers
12 eggs
1 loaf unsliced (boo) rye bread
1 lb honey
small bunch of kale
1 moldy cantaloupe (yuck)
4 nectarines
2 eggplants
2 heirloom tomatoes
1 onion
1 shallot
4 green peppers
5 peaches
5 ears of corn
1 zucchini

I was pretty bummed that the cantaloupe had mold on it when I got it.  I like to cut it up and have it for a snack at work during the week. But I will just get another from Giant.

Here is the menu for the week.

Stuffed Peppers with Sautéed Kale
Eggs Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice
Kale Lemon Spagetti with Oven Roasted Zucchini
Haddock with Grilled Nectarine Spinach Salad and Corn on the Cob
Another undetermined eggplant meal

I am not sure what do to with the eggplant. It is such a meaty veggie that it normally is the main attraction. Since Dave doesn't like eggplant I want to down play its role in the meal. This is the third week we got eggplant and I am out of ideas. Let me know if anyone has a good idea.



2 comments:

  1. I just opened this blog then read yours. I thought it looked good!

    http://caffeinatedrunner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. It will fix my problem and it looks yummo.

    I decided on stuffed eggplant since i have a stuffed theme going on. But i have enough eggplant to do this one too.

    Now the problem is....not enough days in the week. But i think i can sneak it in.

    Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete