Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 13

The past couple of weeks Brett has been late. And today he called me before I was suppose to be there and told me he was already there and was going to leave my share at Harris Teeter. It is not his fault exactly. A new stop was added to his delivery route and the farmers didn't adjust the schedule. So he has been trying to squeeze it in.

Luckily I was able to make it there in ten minutes and he was willing to wait.

Here is what we got:

1 bouquet of Sunflowers
1 loaf of rosemary bread
12 eggs
5 large button mushrooms
1 pint of shiitake mushrooms
1 quart and 1 pint sugar plums
1 bunch kale
1 yellow squash
2 zucchini
1 cucumber
2 green pepper
2 red pepper
1 onion
2 shallots
5 peaches
2 heirloom tomatoes
1 pint of sherry tomatoes
2 eggplants

Dave doesn't not like mushrooms and he hates eggplant. So I do to some creative thinking for this week's menu. First I decided to incorporate the mushrooms with something he really likes and then to pair the rest of mushroom with the eggplant and buy a frozen pizza for him to eat.

So here is the menu:

Beef Tenderloin with Shiitake Mushroom sauce and roasted squash
Shrimp and Plum Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce and salad
Spanish Tortilla with Bell Pepper and cucumber and tomato salad
BKTs (bacon, kale, tomato) sandwiches with pepper and tomato salad
Lasagna with Roasted Eggplant, Mushroom and Carrots and frozen pizza for Dave

I have never cooking with Shiitake mushrooms. I am excited to try it.

I am going to give away some of the plums. Mostly because I found out I don't like plums. And because it is hard to find things to make with plums that aren't sweet. This week I am going sugar free (expect for fruit). So I didn't want to make something sweet with the plums.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment