Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Soup


I am always in a state of dissatisfaction over what to eat for lunch. I don’t want to eat out every day because it can be unhealthy and it is too expensive.

I also get bored very quickly. But I have found one food I like to eat and there are endless variations of it.

SOUP

I sometimes buy canned soup but lately I have made soup for the week and then eat it for a few days.

The soups I have made lately:

Roasted Red Pepper and Chick Pea Soup
Split Pea Soup
Creamy Asparagus Soup
Ginger Carrot Soup

They all were very good and filling for a lunch meal. I would make them all again except for Spilt Pea. It was good but after a day or two, it just wasn’t the same.

The Roasted Red Pepper was very very good and was my fave of the new soups. But it took a while to make and was messy. I roasted by my own red peppers, which was the easy part. The removal of the skin and the deseeding part took a long time and was very messy. But it was all worth it and I would recommend roasting your peppers and not buying the roasted red peppers from a jar. Try it and you will see why.

The Creamy Asparagus Soup was also very good and super super easy. With cutting and cleaning it only took me three commercial breaks. And yes I am using commercial breaks as a time measurement because I am so horribly behind in my tv watching and I made this soup during commercial breaks. If I don’t have much time and asparagus is on sale this is going to be my go to soup.

I have made Ginger Carrot Soup before and I like the sweetness of the carrots with a punch of spice from the ginger. And it is cheap too. A thumb of ginger is less than a dollar and carrots are always cheap.

Some of my homemade favorite soups are Roasted Tomato Soup and Butternut Squash Soup!

As you can probably tell by now, I mostly prefer veggie soups. This is just lunch thing. I love me some meaty soups for dinner but that is another post.

Let me know if anyone is interested in one of the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment