Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pumpkin Beer

The Fall Season is finally at our doorstep. It is my favorite time of year. The crisp breeze blowing the colorful leaves around. The cool temperatures mean I can take my dogs on walks without sweating. And the most important…pumpkin.

I love pumpkin.

Pumpkin seeds.

Pumpkin spiced coffee (for those who have a Keurig, you have to try Green Mountain’s Pumpkin Spiced Coffee…so good).

Pumpkin pancakes.

Pumpkin Bread.

Pumpkin Ravioli.

Carving pumpkins.

Pumpkin patches.

And Pumpkin Beer.

Now I am not a big beer drinker. In fact when I do drink I don’t venture out from the light beer selections. Bud Light is my favorite and I am not ashamed to say it. But when the pumpkin varieties start to show up at the grocery stores and on dinner menus, I put my drinking hat on and put my Bud Light on the shelf to make room for the pumpkin beers.

And there are a lot of pumpkin beers out there. It seems I am not the only one who loves their pumpkin brews and breweries have taken note. So which ones are worth trying and which ones are not?

To help those who ask the above question, I am going to provide a beer novice’s review of this season’s hottest pumpkin brews: Chassie’s: A Non-Beer Drinker’s Review of Pumpkin Beer.

But I did just say that I'm not a big beer drinker...so I have asked my good friend's Husband, Nick, to provide a review on the same beers. Nick is a beermonger at Arrowine. He has his own blog on everything beer and he reviews beers for Arlnow

Stay tuned for the reviews…

No comments:

Post a Comment